Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Final Project

For my final I revisited what I did for the midterm.  First, I learned how to build a skeleton and rig the model.  That lead to me having to use the paint skin weights tool.

I ran into a few big problems while working on my final.  I tried to hid the model's fur at some point while working on it, but instead accidentally deleted it, and didn't figure it out until I was done rigging.  I was able to get the 'suit of fur' from a previous save, and place it on top of the model.  I couldn't get the fur to bind to the skeleton (which at the AAUGA demonstration, I figured out it was because I had a bunch of soft modification handles that were getting imported into my file with the fur).  All I had to do to fix that problem was delete all by history, and then I was able to bind the fur.  My next issue was the the fur deformed when I moved the model's joints (it actually deforms the exact same way the skin used to before I weighted it).  The logical way to fix this issue would be to weigh the fur, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Because I spent so much time trying to fix my skeleton/rig, I wanted to move on to other things.  I improved the environment from what it was at during the midterm, and also added some clouds.

I then animated my character to be doing a walk cycle.  I'm still currently figuring out how to get a video of my animation.  I ran the batch render, and it finished after about three and a half hours (it took so long because the environment was so large, I believe).  Maya is now saying that it cannot open the files.  I have 50 .iff files (for 50 frames of animation), but don't know what to do with those.

Here are some screenshots of my process:













No comments:

Post a Comment